Our family is having a garage sale this Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Some might say, "what a great idea" while others might think, "what a waste of time." I have to admit that this garage sale was not my idea. Or Daniel's idea. Instead, it was our very thoughtful Aidan's idea. You see, all the proceeds from the sale are getting donated to Compassion International. Which is a great idea, assuming people come out and buy our stuff. Aidan's idea began when one of our neighbors had a garage sale earlier this spring. Her kids sold lemonade and sweets. Aidan thought the sale was fun. Then, a few weeks ago our church had two "Compassion Sundays". Aidan helped me each week set up the table with the child packets and each week he prayed with me that those children would be sponsored. During those two Sundays, he had the idea of a garage sale to raise money for those children in need. When presented with the idea of that, how could Daniel & I say no? Instead, I will be out in the heat and sun this weekend selling our stuff. If you live close to us, please stop by. If you don't have our address, send a message and I can get it to you. Aidan will (hopefully) be outside with me selling cookies, bottled water, and muffins. And, all money we make will go to Compassion International's Child Survival Program.
6/01/2011
Garage Sale
Our family is having a garage sale this Friday afternoon and Saturday morning. Some might say, "what a great idea" while others might think, "what a waste of time." I have to admit that this garage sale was not my idea. Or Daniel's idea. Instead, it was our very thoughtful Aidan's idea. You see, all the proceeds from the sale are getting donated to Compassion International. Which is a great idea, assuming people come out and buy our stuff. Aidan's idea began when one of our neighbors had a garage sale earlier this spring. Her kids sold lemonade and sweets. Aidan thought the sale was fun. Then, a few weeks ago our church had two "Compassion Sundays". Aidan helped me each week set up the table with the child packets and each week he prayed with me that those children would be sponsored. During those two Sundays, he had the idea of a garage sale to raise money for those children in need. When presented with the idea of that, how could Daniel & I say no? Instead, I will be out in the heat and sun this weekend selling our stuff. If you live close to us, please stop by. If you don't have our address, send a message and I can get it to you. Aidan will (hopefully) be outside with me selling cookies, bottled water, and muffins. And, all money we make will go to Compassion International's Child Survival Program.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment