Background

6/16/2011

Garage Sale Update

Many have asked us how the big garage sale turned out. I have to admit that it wasn't as successful as hoped. It fell on a big graduation weekend in our area, one garage sale sign was stolen (or at least it disappeared), and it's been HOT. I think all of those contributed to less people coming. We made $32.90 from the garage sale and most of that money came from Aidan's baked goods and bottled water sales. I guess not many were interested in a table of newborn and baby boy clothes or the other items I thought would sell quickly. We were still very happy to be able to donate $33 to Compassion. And, we donated the garage sale items that didn't sell to a local charity. Then, after Aidan's recent birthday he decided to donate $40 of his birthday money to Compassion too. That brings the total donated to $73 dollars which I know will be used to help many.


No comments:

Post a Comment