The other day Aidan & I were having a conversation alone. He randomly said that he doesn't like that "C" calls me mom. Immediately, I caught my breath & tried to think of a way to explain it that would help Aidan not be upset that "C" calls us mom/dad. I thought we had a potental crisis. Fortunately, Aidan went on to say, "I think 'C' should only call you Mom if he's over the age of 16...but, since 'C' is a kid, he should call you Mommy the same way Olivia & I do." I was very relieved to hear what was actually bothering Aidan & that it was not a big issue for our family dynamics.
Aidan really loves "C". Orginally, I was worried adding a 3rd child, especially another boy, would cause some jealousy from Aidan. He has actually been great! Last weekend we went to a park to play and I even overheard Aidan telling some older boys/girls on the playground to watch out because his younger brother was playing too. The older boys/girls were climbing UP the slide instead of going down and "C" was getting ready to slide down. Aidan blocked the slide at one point until it was safe for "C".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I did the same thing (catching my breath) when L said he didn't want to bring LW's picture with him to school because people would make fun of him. I waited a second and asked him why and he said it was because she was sticking her tongue out.
ReplyDelete