Background

4/14/2010

A Week In...

"C" (not his real name, just what we will call him on here) has been at our house now for over a week. As mentioned in the previous post, "C" walked in the door and adjusted quickly to our family and routines. Here are some quick updates:

  • Saturday we ate at a restaurant for the first time as a family of 5. It was even at Chick-fil-a which most of you know can be insanely busy on the weekends & full of families with lots of kids. Daniel & I managed to feed all of the children & even eat our own meals! And the kiddos were even able to play in the playland - or as Daniel called it, the Kid Cage.

  • Sunday "C" went to church with us. Aidan decided that morning that he & "C" would both wear ties to church. Fortunately, "C" liked the tie idea too. Everyone at church thought they were adorable!

  • "C" originally did not like our little dog very much. He was very nervous around her and did not like it when she walked around or made noises. It didn't help that Vegas (our dog) wanted to sniff and lick him since he was new. Now, "C" does very well with Vegas. He pets her and does not get upset with her around.

  • "C" is already very attached to us. I went to a women's book club one night last week so Daniel had to put all the kids to bed. "C" actually cried a while because he missed me which made me very sad to here. I am very thankful, though, that he's already formed attachments with us.

  • Today "C" had a doctor & dentist appointment. He's definitely a skinny guy & only weighed in at 27 pounds! He did great at both appointments. Olivia also visited the dentist today (her first time) and it took 4 hygienists to help hold her & keep her calm so that the dentist could count/brush her teeth. Olivia was not happy one bit!

  • I have heard several people say before that it is easier going from 2 to 3 kids than from 1 to 2. That has definitely been true for us so far...although, I think since "C" has been amazing it has helped! We are so thankful that he's here with our family!

Thanks everyone for your prayers & thoughts as "C" came to our family. We cannot post photos of him online but I wish I could share his smiling face with each of you. Please continue to pray for us during this process. We know the outcome we would like to have, but it is ultimately up to God & his plan.

1 comment:

  1. That's so awesome! I was wondering how it was going. I'm so happy for you guys and glad that "C" is adjusting well to life in your family!

    ReplyDelete