Our lives changed today.
We received a phone call this morning from Arrow informing us that we had a potential placement. We were told that by the afternoon, we may have a little boy just a little older than Olivia at our house. By 4 PM, the CPS case worker and boy showed up at our doorstep. This process has gone much quicker than expected, so I suppose this part would be no different (which is good!).
He is absolutely amazing.
He walked right in and started playing with Aidan and Olivia right away. He didn't seem intimidated by the new environment. He has great manners, helped clean up toys, and generally seems to have a good disposition. He even (with no prompting whatsoever) decided to call us "daddy" and "mommy". He wasn't a big fan of our little pug, but that takes time. I'm completely taken aback by how amazing tonight has gone.
The way the foster-to-adopt process works, our family is in somewhat of a state of limbo now. If you've read some of Melissa's posts, you know a "legal risk" placement is not a sure thing. There is still the chance that this little boy's stay is temporary. Everything seems to have gone so well that we are, in a way, waiting for the other shoe to drop.
Maybe it seems like a negative thing to say, but I don't mean it that way. I just mean that it seems like we received a gift we didn't deserve today. God's grace though one little boy's charm melted our hearts instantly and put a lot of fears to bed. I'm not naive enough to think that it will be peaches and cream everyday, but what a start!
So pray for us that our new visitor feels safe and welcome. Pray for us that the process will work for this little boy so that he grows up in a loving family. Pray that we are able to accept our lot in this little boy's life, whether it's a year or the rest of his life (though I'm obviously biased toward keeping him).
And, oh yeah, pray for Melissa and I. We are officially outnumbered.
(There are rules regarding posting of personal information about foster children to protect the child's privacy. I'm erring on the side of caution here until I get a little better feel for what I can and can't release.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

That is awesome! We are praying for your family!
ReplyDeleteI almost started crying when I read this post this morning. I am SO happy that you have the chance to have this sweet child in your life and hope that it is all peaches and cream. Definitly praying for you guys. Can't wait until you can legally put pictures up!!!
ReplyDeleteOh WOW!!! That is so wonderful. Very excited for you. I can't believe it happened so fast.
ReplyDeleteWe have friends who have fostered a LOT of kids. One of them told me when we were considering foster-adopt to just love on them like the mommy they need but to guard my heart. Hard to explain/do!