Our first adoption training session was tonight – the first of what will be a long month of such sessions. Since the path we are following is foster-to-adopt, the training runs the gamut of situations foster families may face. Tonight’s session was devoted to what they called “minimum standards” of medicinal administration as well as a primer on psychotropic medication (since this training is also appropriate for a wide range of foster situations). We’ve already been to an information session and submitted the application, but for some reason this felt to me like the first tangible step in our journey.
At some point, I plan on putting more of my thoughts into this blog (for example, how adoption became important to me personally). But for tonight, I just want to say that I’m excited to have taken this “first” step.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Isn't it so NICE to have taken that first step? It's very energizing. :)
ReplyDeleteBtw, the picture below cracks me up!
Hi there!
ReplyDeleteI volunteer for Children's HopeChest and Tom Davis asked that I say thanks for expressing interest in his book "Scared" through the She Reads website! Having gone to Africa with HopeChest recently I know that the things Tom writes about in "Scared" are very real, very heart breaking situations for so many orphans in Africa right now. It's easy to feel paralyzed by the problems these children face, but I have come to realize that it takes so little to make a difference in an orphan's life. Children's HopeChest has lots of opportunities for you to be involved in impacting a child's life. If you'd like to learn more, email brandi@hopechest.org to find out how you might help bring hope to an orphan or visit www.hopechest.org. Thanks again for your interest in "Scared". The more we open ourselves up to embrace God's heart for the least of these, the more our lives are transformed into His likeness. Sounds like you are well on the way to experiencing that through the journey of adoption. Congratulations! I'm getting ready to pick up my son in Ethiopia and this process has been amazing! Blessings!