Background

1/30/2012

Valentine's creativity

I'm not a naturally creative person. I don't just have cute ideas for new things pop into my head by themselves. Fortunately, there are people naturally gifted in this area that like to post their cute ideas on blogs and/or "pin" them on Pinterest. I'm not too crafty, so if the directions mention lots of sewing, using a Cricut or Silhouette, etc. then the craft is not for me. But, if it says use a glue gun, hey, then I CAN do that!

On Pinterest, I've found and made several new recipes. I also have made a few easy Valentine's crafts for around the house. But, my favorite ideas from Pinterest have been ones for photos, especially since we got a new camera at Christmas. This Valentine's idea was indirectly found on Pinterest - the photo idea wasn't pinned on Pinterest, but I found it on a blog that had other cute ideas.




Here's the Valentine's wreath I made for our door. This idea began as a wreath for Halloween from here. I could make that, pretty easy I thought...then I was busy...then Halloween was over. I thought about turning it into a Christmas wreath but that didn't happen. So a couple of weeks ago I finally found time to do it for Valentine's. Olivia even asked to go to Hobby Lobby that morning so I made my shopping list and went. At Hobby Lobby I asked for some of the super cute Chevron fabric. I was told they don't carry Chevron fabric but that I was the 3rd person to ask for it that morning....do you think that's a sign that Hobby Lobby should maybe get some Chevron fabic then? Ha! Anyways, I went home and looked for Chevron fabric online. It was more expensive then what I wanted to pay. I then went to the Dollar Tree. I found Valentine's ribbon and used the same techniques but with ribbon.




No comments:

Post a Comment