Last week, while wearing a shirt that says "best friends", Olivia asked for a photo with Corey since he's one of her best friends. It was a cute moment, and a wonderful example of how well adopted kiddos can attach to biological children already in the home.
I've mentioned in this blog before, that Corey fits so wonderfully with Olivia and Aidan. It's as if he's been a part of our family for longer than he actually has been. Especially in Olivia's eyes since she does not remember a time before we got Corey. And, last year while Aidan was in kindergarten, those two really did become best friends.
This summer, with Aidan home from school, it was funny to see how often Aidan and Olivia would argue over who got to play with Corey. For example, Olivia would want Corey to play baby dolls, while Aidan would want Corey to play a game with him. It was annoying at times to referee this type of argument, but at the same time I was so thankful that God has allowed our children to accept and love Corey completely and for Corey to love them each so much too.
I've had some fellow parents (of biological kids) express that they almost have a desire to adopt, but they worry how it will affect their current children. My answer...they might just become best friends.

What great hope for parents! I hope one day that my 2 adopted boys are best friends.
ReplyDelete