Two weeks ago, we found out we were the family selected to foster/adopt this baby girl. At the time, it seemed like she would be placed in our home very quickly, probably the next week. We spent that weekend getting all the baby things down from the attic, organizing her bedroom, etc. Now, it is two weeks later, and we're still waiting. The process has taken longer than we expected, but we are still hopeful that she'll join our family soon.
These couple of weeks spent waiting has reminded me of the end of my pregnancy with Aidan. Aidan was born a week past his due date. I had to be induced because even then, he showed no signs of making an appearance! During the last few weeks of my pregnancy, I was huge and swollen. Daily, I would field calls/emails/remarks about whether or not I thought the baby was coming soon. Wow, still no baby?? Goodness, you're HUGE, when's the baby coming? You haven't had the baby, yet?? Do you think today's the day? Any contractions?? And the list goes on :) While, I'm definitely not huge and swollen and pregnant, I am similarly getting asked (especially by our kids) when this baby is coming. And, like with Aidan's due date, I have no idea. If it was up to me, she would already be here. I have to leave it in God's hands, and trust in his plan. He has a plan for this baby and for our family. I've spent a lot of this waiting time in prayer. Not just that she would come to our family soon, but also just for this little baby. And for her birth mother, her birth family, and her current foster family. She's so young, yet has already been through so many life changes.

Oh it makes me anxious just thinking about it!
ReplyDelete