Background

12/06/2013

Turkey Day {Gobble Gobble}

Thanksgiving was here and now past and Christmas preparations are in full swing.  I wanted to updated all of you on our family's Thanksgiving.  We had a great year.  It was wonderful being in our own home this year rather than being in a temporary apartment like last year.  We enjoyed hosting family and making our own turkey.
Table set and waiting for mealtime.

Family



This year, we started a new tradition of a "thankful tree" which we made for our dining room wall.  Each day, the kids (and Daniel & I) added a new leaf with something we were thankful for.  Some of the leaves were silly, while others were more serious.  We began the tree on November 1st and it was wonderful to see it develop as the days passed.  By Thanksgiving day, we had a very full tree and even had several leaves "falling" off the tree.


Each year since Aidan was younger, we've had the kiddos make "thankful turkeys" where I cut out a turkey body and each of the tail feathers get decorated with a thankful item.  Daniel and I usually get in on the fun too.  This year, my mom even made one!  The kids enjoy this activity and look forward to it each Thanksgiving.







No comments:

Post a Comment