Background

6/12/2013

Birthday season

The start of June begins the "birthday season" at our house.  Three out of four of the kiddos have birthdays within two weeks of each other.  It's great in some ways but can be exhausting in others.  Not to mention, trying to figure out how to schedules parties for a 2 year old girl, 6 year old boy, and 8 year old boy can be difficult.  Do we have them all together?  Do we separate the boys and girls?  Do we invite friends or just family....you can see there are a  lot of different options.  To add the the issue of party/birthday planning, usually we find that families are on vacation.  In Texas, Aidan for one birthday invited all the boys in his class (around 10).  Over half of them were gone on vacation the weekend we had his party!!

Today, Aidan turns 8. Many of you know the adoption story of Corey and Isabella.  Here's the baby story of Aidan....  Eight years ago, I was hugely pregnant.  I was a week past my due date and I just knew that I would have a big baby. My doctor kept tying to reassure me that going past my due date was normal, that my baby would be around 7 pounds, that I most likely would not need to be induced or have a c-section.  And yet, I could sense the opposite.  I am pretty sure Daniel got tired of me whining and saying that my baby would be big.  I remember him reminding me who the doctor was and how I should listen to her.  He was trying to calm my nerves but I wasn't believing it.  Then, days after my due date my doctor recommended I get induced.  I was nervous yet glad to get it over with.  I arrive at the hospital.  The first nurse that visited me said one thing, "You know you are having a really big baby, right?"
After being hooked up to an IV for 22 some hours with pitocin FINALLY I became a mother for the first time. I gave birth to my handsome 9 pound 2 ounces baby boy.
 I immediately coined the nickname for him of "Aidan Bear" since he was big and had lots of hair.  



 Happy Birthday, my June birthday boys!!


Happy Birthday to my June birthday girl! 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment