Background

5/12/2011

Compassion Sunday


Last Sunday and this Sunday at our church was Compassion Sunday. Compassion International is a great organization. Child sponsorship is not just about the money you give each month but about the lives you touch and the relationships you help build. I challenge every follower of Jesus to get involved and to help others around the world. Pray about it and see how you can make a difference.

I've had some ask me, "How do I know that Compassion uses my money in the right way?"
I know many families have tight budgets and it is important to spend our money wisely. However, all the research I've done shows that Compassion is very highly ranked as a charity. Compassion has received eight consecutive four-star ratings from Charity Navigator, a highly respectable charity evaluator. Only 1 percent of other charities have received this special recognition!

I also feel that as a sponsor we are not only helping a child, but the sponsorship has helped our family too. It forces us to learn about other cultures and to recognize the consumerism in our own culture. We've also found it a lot easier to pray for people in other countries now that there is an actual name and a face attached. We're slowly building a relationship with this child through letters and pictures and it's been a blessing to our whole family.

Interested in learning more? All it takes is one click...


No comments:

Post a Comment