We found out earlier this week that our hope for finalizing the adoption this month probably won't materialize. We're told that some of the paperwork with the state is moving slowly and we should plan on finalizing in November. While it is a disappointment, we are trying to be patient about the wait. It is only another month, right? In the big picture, I'm sure November will be here quickly and the wait time will not seem too long. This delay might also allow us to finalize on National Adoption Day. National Adoption Day is scheduled for November 20th. I am told that Harris County (the county we're adopting in) usually has lots of special activities for the children that day, almost like a party atmosphere. I don't know many details yet, or if it will be possible for us to finalize then, but it definitely sounds like it could be an option.
I was reading verses in the Bible about being patient and I came across Ecclesiastes 7:8 The end of a matter is better than its beginning, and patience is better than pride. I think this verse is very true for our situation. Finalizing "C" 's adoption is going to be so awesome for everyone in our family. Aidan, after I told him that we would have to wait until November to adopt "C", told me that it already feels like he's been adopted because, "he's already my brother." I think that statement right there explains how we all feel about "C". He's been a part of our family since the day he walked in our house. Meanwhile, "C" keeps asking when his last name can be Jones (like Olivia's & Aidan's) and I would love to be able to give him a date soon when that can occur!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment